TECHNICIA BLOG IS ALL ABOUT LATEST ACTIVITIES IN TECH WORLD

Loading

Monday 6 February 2012

After Megaupload BTjunkie Goes Down

2








We all know BTjunkie as one of the best BitTorrent search engine but not now, yes btjunkie is no
more. The site has been shut down due to obvious reasons. In the morning I have tried to access  BitTorrent  and I was shocked to see  the message (see the screen shot below) posted there.





Why it was Shocking for me? 

It was shocking for me as the site was never involved in any legal action unlike others such as
4shared, mediafire, the pirate bay etc.


For those who don't know what btjunkie is, BTjunkie is a web web crawler used to search for torrent
files from various torrent sites available. The sites has alexa rank of 390 and visited by millions of people daily.  See the screen shot below to view the details of BTjunkie.







It doesn't matter if US government was unsuccessful to implement sopa/pipa, they can still shut down sites like Megaupload and Btjunkie without sopa/pipa and acta.


What you think about this issue, please add your thoughts in comment section below.
Stay Connected With Free Updates
Subscribe via Email
You Might Also Like
JOIN THE DISCUSSION

If you add a link to your comment it will not be published and consider as spam stopping all future comments from being published.

Before Submitting Your Comment don't forget to tick "Email follow-up comments" Option, if you are looking for Quick Reply.

2 comments

Anonymous
7 February 2012 at 07:50

I am greatly saddened by this, as I just tried to access bt junkie today. It has been my friend and favorite torrent site since it opened and it will be missed greatly. Although I do not personally know the creator/host of the site, I would like to extend my thanks to him or her. Goodbye btjunkie, and thanks for everything.

8 February 2012 at 13:48

@AnonymousThat was sad for me too, as I was using both the pirate bay and btjunkie.
What's wrong with these people?

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox for FREE!.

Join 8000+ Readers